Friday, February 20, 2015

Salvation to Service.

After reading and meditating on 1 Peter 1:1-5, I started thinking of how blessed I am to have receive salvation from the death of Christ. I wanted to share an excerpt from today's journal entry:

My salvation from the Lord is one of a kind, it will never fade away, be destroyed, and is purely holy; it's definitely something my horrible, finite self doesn't deserve. But yet Christ still died on the cross. The LEAST I could do is give God my life, and the things I hold on to, that causes me to sin. I praise God for allowing to really enjoy serving others, because I get to do something I love, and more importantly glorifies God. I pray that I might be able to do it at home as well... Everything that I do should serve God. Why? Because I'm His slave and He is my master.
The only right response to Christ's lordship is wholehearted submission, loving obedience and passionate worship.1
1. MacArthur, John. Slave: the hidden truth about your identity in Christ. 1st. Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, 2010. 91

No comments:

Post a Comment